Do you feel like pain is controlling your life and dictating what you can and can’t do every day?
Does pain keep you from living a life that you enjoy?
At Modern Physical Therapy, our therapists are here to listen to you and better understand what you’ve been through to help develop educational tools and create a specific treatment plan to gain back control on your life.
There is hope.
Advances in pain neuroscience research from all corners of the globe have revealed some amazing discoveries about the pain experience:
- Chronic pain is very complex
- Your pain is unique and individualized to you. We all experience pain differently and therefore treatment should be tailored specifically to your needs and goals. There is no “one-size-fits-all” treatment for chronic pain
- Your pain experience is likely influenced by various factors, many of which you may not be aware of
- Our pain system is constantly adapting. It’s likely adapted over time to intensify your pain but with the right tools, it can also slowly adapt back
- Our bodies are amazing healers. All tissues in our body (discs, muscles, ligaments, bones, etc) have the amazing capacity to heal within 6-9 months. And yes, contrary to popular belief, discs heal.
How can Modern Physical Therapy help?
Our therapist will first sit down to listen and take a thorough history and get to know you. We will then perform an examination to rule out any serious conditions. After that, the therapist will have a deeper understanding of why your pain has persisted for so long and what factors may be playing a significant role. We will share and discuss that information with you as well as create a specific treatment plan based on your goals for physical therapy.
Pain neuroscience research has found there are over 27 different activities and options available to help chronic pain gradually calm down. We will devise a plan based on which options most interest you. You will be an active participant in your recovery.
We know your pain is real. Your suffering is real. Give us a call today so we can help you start to take back control of your life.